With an exceptionally rich source of antioxidants, strawberries are one of nature’s most effective natural skin anti-aging ingredients. But, did you know that ruby red pomegranate seeds are endowed with naturally strong anti-aging and moisturizing compounds that leave your face beautifully incandescent with an irresistible rosy radiance?
That should come as no surprise, seeing as pomegranates are among the top 10 superfruits that heal the body and the mind! You’ve no doubt heard of superfoods.
But, what are superfruits?
Not every fruit qualifies. Those deemed “super” by nutrition scientists are packed with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fiber, and other nutrients that can help you look better, live longer, and even prevent disease. Best of all, they are widely available at your local grocery store.
The pomegranate fruit not only adds color to your plate during the fall and winter months, but it is also among the very best skin nourishing fruits to use when it comes to skin rejuvenating, wrinkle prevention facials for mature skin that tends to be dry and dull. And here’s why…
Like strawberries, pomegranates are jammed packed with an abundance of powerful antioxidants, Vitamins A, C and E, and zinc, all of which are essential for good skin.
Skin Care Benefits Of Pomegranates
With its incredible antioxidant, anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory and anti-aging properties and ability to encourage radiant skin, the pomegranate has been incorporated into skin care; especially anti-aging and sun care products. It can help with a number of skin care issues that women of color can face, including dry skin, age spots, hyperpigmentation, acne flare-ups and acne scars.
1. Anti-Aging Action. Antioxidants forage free radicals caused by various factors like sun damage, environmental pollution and cigarette smoking that can result in your skin showing the telltale signs of aging – unsightly crevices on forehead, around the eyes and lips, bothersome saggy facial skin and age spots.
2. Promotes Healthy Skin Growth. Vitamins A, C and E promote healthy skin growth by speeding cell renewal and will also help improve skin radiance to bring you skin that feels like brand new.
3. Acts As An Anti-Inflammatory and Antibacterial Agent. Zinc greatly benefits adults afflicted with acne-prone skin. Zinc helps lower sebum production that can lead to spots, thereby reducing the severity of acne while controlling future acne breakouts.
4. Rejuvenate Dry Skin. The oils in pomegranate seeds is a great moisturizer for dry skin and thanks to its omega-5 fatty acid component, it will quickly rejuvenate, soothe, moisturize and breathe new life to dry and cracked skin.
5. Sun Damage Protection. Pomegranates offer serious sun protection, thanks to the unique profile of antioxidants, including gallic and ellagic acid, which ward off sun damage, skin cancer, the visible effects of photoaging and even relieve sunburn symptoms.
Feel free to share your thoughts and skin care tips in the comment section below.
Stay beautiful, happy and healthy!