Insured Medical Services at Wake Health Medical Group
List of Preventative Care Services Offered at Wake Health Medical Group
- Blood Pressure Screening
- Diabetes Screening
- Lipid Disorder Screening
- Cervical Cancer Screening: Pap test and pelvic exam
- Breast Cancer Screening: Clinical breast exam and self-exam instruction
- Skin and other Cancer Screening
- Routine Depression Screening
- Testicular and Prostate Cancer Screening
- Assessment: Body Mass Index (BMI), diet, exercise, vision, hearing
- Immunization History Review and Catch-Up administration
- Counseling: Tobacco cessation, alcohol/drug use, STD prevention, contraception, diet, exercise
- Lab Tests: Lipid panel, complete blood count, complete metabolic panel, blood glucose, thyroid panel, and more
- Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) prevention counseling
The expense of treating the various types and stages of acne is covered by many insurance companies. Our treatments are supervised by licensed physicians, Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners. The treatments consist of acne surgery, Cryotherapy, acne cleansing, day and evening management regimen, chemical peels, Photo Dynamic Therapy and laser therapy when deemed necessary.
Sun Damage and Actinic Keratosis
Use of chemical exfoliation and Blue U Levulan therapy for precancerous lesions are covered by most insurance companies.
Mole, Lesion and Wart Removal
Assess, monitor (photographically) diagnosis, and removal if medically necessary.
Full Body Skin Exams
Are useful in accessing abnormalities or changes in the epidermis. The earlier you detect skin cancer the easier it is to treat successfully. Most insurance companies pay for one visit per year.